Calendar of Classes & Lessons by Location
There is great instruction to be had in the region, including music, dance, theater, pottery and painting, just to scratch the surface. From classes at local centers to private lessons, there is sure to be something that suits for kids, teens, or adults seeking lessons at the introductory to the master-class level.
To include your next Loudoun County art class, workshop, private instruction or seminar on this page and our Happenings! email distribution, please complete our online form.
Interested in singing contemporary pop/rock music, but only finding classical vocal teachers? Acoustic Rock Workshop NEW private Classes offers a unique and effective vocal method for all styles of contemporary music not found anywhere else. We offer voice lessons to students seeking training in proper technique and vocal performance focusing on contemporary pop/rock/blues/folk genres. We accept students ages 10 and over (younger students may be considered with audition/interview).
October - December ArtSquare Classes
- The next fall Session of ArtSquare classes, workshops and open studios runs from October 27 - December 21, 2013. REGISTER TODAY! And.....Visit the Newly Updated ArtSquare Website! Visit www.LoudounArtSquare.org
- October 27 - December 21, 2013
- Visit www.LoudounArtSquare.org to register or for more information, or call 703.777.8043
ArtSquare/Loudoun Academy of the Arts
ArtSquare offers professionally taught classes in many fine art media to adults and children of all ages. From the beginning basics to more advances classes, ArtSquare provides an unparalleled level of education expertise to our students. Many weekend workshops and other concentrated course are also available in a variety of media and subject matter, many of then taught by renowned visiting instructors.
- New Classes and Workshops are continually introduced, so please check our website for the very latest listings. Please visit www.LoudounArtSquare.com or call 703-777-5498
Open Studio at Loudoun Academy of the Arts
- Open Studio sessions Monday evenings for artists who want to draw from a live model. Bring materials. $75-All 6 dates per session. $15-Drop-in fee.
- 6:30 - 9:30PM Mondays
- The LAAF is at 12 Cardinal Park Drive SE, Leesburg, VA. 703-777-8043. www.loudounartsquare.org
Barbara Wilson + Private Instructor
- Instruction in acting technique, voice and body movement and/or theory and character development. Musical Theatre and Staging. Speech, Oral Interpretation and Diction for Children. Public Speaking for Adults.
- Flexible as needed by student
History Through Clay
- This class is designed for home school kids. Travel through history, starting in ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome and China creating clay sculptures, bowls and tools as they would have been created in ancient times with ceramic artist Rosalba Negrete.
- 11AM - 12:30PM Wednesdays or Thursdays in Leesburg or at the Round Hill Art Center
- Please visit www.chalvy.com or call 703-777-1858 for more information.
Fall Term Acrylic Painting Classes at AC Moore
Acrylic Painting Classes
- This is a fun and encouraging atmosphere for the beginner or experienced painter. Students learn colour mixing and brush stroke techniques as well as how to paint from life or photos, and how to create a sound composition. Class size is limited to 6 adult students and are 2 hours in length, for 6 consecutive and enriching classes.
- 1:30 - 3:30 PM -OR- 6:30 - 8:30 PM Mondays
- For more information and to register, visit Register no. 1 at AC Moore for sign up. Class is limited to 6 adult students.
Herndon - ArtSpace
ArtSpace Herndon is a community art gallery created and supported by art lovers in the greater Herndon area. ArtSpace Herndon is a gathering place to celebrate the arts, showcasing artwork and events by local, regionally, and nationally known artists and performers. ArtSpace Herndon features a 1,700 sq foot art gallery and two classrooms for all types of art classes and small group sessions with artists.
Arts Instruction in Herndon
- Variety of classes offered in watercolor, oil painting, photography and children's classes
- For more information, please visit http://www.artspaceherndon.com
Horizons Art School
- Good drawing is as important to visual art as tires are to a car. Without it your artwork just isn’t going to get where you want it to go. Basic principles such as value and perspective will be covered as well as advanced topics like edge quality and composition. Taught by Jonathan Linton (www.jonathanlinton.com).
- 9-Noon Tuesdays
- For more information, please visit: www.horizonsartschool.com
KidzArt is a fun, unique and confidence-building creative art experience. We offer: Art Classes for kids, teens and adults, camps, workshops, birthday parties for children, creative parties for adults, school and organizational fundraisers, and creative workshops for adults and teens. Kids have a great need to express themselves in many ways -- artistically, emotionally, physically and spiritually. KidzArt impacts each and every area of expression. The KidzArt classroom is a non-competitive environment enhanced by soft music that allows children to focus and enjoy what they are doing. Parents see the difference in the quality of art their children bring home.
Serving Loudoun County, Western Prince William County, VA
Mosaique Center for Cultural Arts
Persian Dance Class for Adults
- “Persian dance” refers to the traditional dances of the country known today as Iran (pronounced EE-RAHN). Persian Dance styles are characterized by expressive upper body movements, intricate steps and dazzling spins. While gaining flexibility, core balance, and improved posture, student learn about the dances, music and culture of Iran. From a foundation rooted in classical Persian dance technique, students explore the diverse flavors of social, folk and character dances.
- 6:30-7:30p Mondays
- For more information visit: www.mosaiquecenter.org
ShimmyFit! Fitness & grace through belly dance!
- This multi-level, low-impact dance program incorporates the movements, music and cultural context of a variety of traditional and contemporary Middle Eastern dance styles. Designed for fun, fitness and self-expression, ShimmyFit teaches proper dance technique in a fun, easy-to-follow format. Drawing inspiration from vast cultural sources, ShimmyFit dance offers infinite variety of movements and music to explore!
- 7:30-8:30pm Mondays
- For more information visit: www.mosaiquecenter.org
Private Art Lessons
Private Art Lessons with Julie TerHaar
- Julie TerHaar received her Bachelor's of Fine Arts from the Savannah College of Art and Design with a major in Illustration and Painting, and a minor in Art History. She is an accomplished artist with over twenty years experience and has completed numerous commissioned paintings and portraits in both the private and corporate sector, for clients all over the United States. She is a former art teacher with over seven years teaching experience from elementary to high school. Julie enjoys working in all mediums including oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolor, pen & ink, pencil and charcoal. Julie also teaches group lessons at Loudoun Academy of the Arts in Leesburg. She enjoys living her passion of creating art and the rewards of teaching creative art to others.
- Evenings and weekend hours
- Private lessons are for 1 hour and are taught out of my home studio located in Ashburn near the Sport's Pavilion. Please contact me at 304-820-8857 or by email; firstname.lastname@example.org for times and availability.
Round Hill Arts Center
Round Hill Arts Center is community-based, encouraging participation in the arts for the benefit of the entire community of western Loudoun. We also seek to foster an understanding of the many ways in which art is present in our lives - from paintings and drawings to furniture and textiles. In short, we are about getting people into art!
Sewing Classes for Kids and Adults
- A Sewing Fashion Studio that teaches sewing to kids and adults with an award winning curriculum.
- 5-7pm Tuesdays-Fridays and 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the month
- For more information visit: www.ashburnsewing.com or call 7033759739
TREEHOUSE for creative kids
TREEHOUSE for creative kids (TCK) is a fine arts and performing arts center offering structured and enrichment lessons in art, theatre and acting to students who are interested in developing skills and techniques in expressing their creativity through arts. With arts, the students will enhance their cognitive thinking, creative abilities, and social skills and will build on their craft.
- Visit our website for full list of classes: http://www.tckme.com LOCATION: 20608 Gordon Park Square #170, Ashburn, VA Phone: 571-239-5579, Visiting hours: 3-6pm (Mon-Wed); 10am-4pm (Sat); or call for an appointment.
The Old Furniture Factory
The Old Furniture Factory Ceramic program is designed for both the novice and experienced potter and provides an overview for anyone interested in ceramics. Students are encouraged to work at their own pace. Tuition includes open studio time, glaze materials, firing fees, instruction, 25 pounds of clay and parking. We provide Adult and Children's classes in Wheel, Handbuilding, and Sculpting. Instructors: David Norton, Bruce Bucklin, Pat Miller, Amy Manson, and Rosalba Negrete
Pottery Classes, Advanced, Intermediate and Beginner
- 6:30-9:00PM Mondays, 6:30-9:00PM Tuesdays, 9-11:30 AM Wednesday, 6:30-9:00PM Thursdays
- For more information please contact: www.theoldfurniturefactory.com or call 540-338-5050
If you would like your Loudoun County art class, workshop, private instruction or seminar included in the next Happenings! email, please please complete our online form at http://www.loudounarts.org/happenings/post-an-event.html. We will send an updated email mid-month, each month.
If you are not already an LAC member, please consider JOINING and helping us to continue to support the vibrant arts community of Loudoun County.