Looking for Drawing and Painting Instructors
The Greenhouse Studio at Oatlands is looking for local painting and drawing instructors looking to teach virtual and onsite classes at Oatlands. Instructors must have experience with MFA's a plus. Instructors must submit a bio and examples of work to Walt Bartman, Director, at email@example.com.
- There is no deadline, instructors and classes can be added at anytime.
- Applications are now being accepted.
- The Greenhouse Studio at Oatlands 7215 Mountain Church Rd., Middletown, Maryland 21769. For information call 240-626-4981.
Gateway Gallery Call for Artist Membership Applications
Gateway Gallery artists’ cooperative welcomes membership applications from area artists in a variety of 2D and 3D media. Since opening in 2010, Gateway Gallery has become a destination venue for artists to show and sell their work to a large following of area residents and visitors to western Loudoun attractions. Only work by Gateway artist members is shown and sold in the gallery. Members manage all aspects of gallery operations, and staff the gallery by sitting at least two four-hour shifts each month. Members pay monthly dues of $45 and contribute 20% of their monthly gallery sales toward gallery expenses. We especially seek new members in media or styles distinctly different from work already represented in the gallery.
- Applications accepted until current vacancies are filled.
- Visit our website (www.thegatewaygallery.com) for more information about the gallery, membership, and how to apply. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists Residencies Available at Brambleton Library
Loudoun Arts and Loudoun County Public Library are pleased to announce the resumption of their unique Artist-in-Residency Program. In paste COLLAB atelier project, selected artists have enjoyed three month long rent-free residencies at Brambleton Library. COLLAB offers four three-month residency periods each year. Artists are encouraged to plan interactions with collaborators and other users of the space during their three-month residency. Residencies will be awarded based on the quality of the artists' proposals, with special consideration given to artists willing to collaborate with partners on at least one project during the residency. This program is not limited to visual artists. Performers, writers, musicians, and makers are also encouraged to apply. We are particularly interested in cross-media collaborations. Artists are also encouraged to document and share their experiences during the residency. The Makerspace at Brambleton Library is open to the public seven days a week and open until 9 pm six nights per week. The space has work tables, tools, and access to 3-D printers display space, storage space, and other technologies. During the three-month residency, library staff will work with the artist to create an event, class, exhibit or presentation reflecting the artist's project. Resident artists will be allowed to display and sell artwork from the studio spaces. LCPL and the LA will promote resident artists' events through their website and other electronic media.
- The next available Residency starts in August, 2022.
- Rotating three-month residencies
- Interested in this creative opportunity? Apply at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSctqFofnoefRA55TB1FWiwChSrO7Oiub6NZJsU7PJS-J0reVA/viewform
Free Drawing Classes at Artists in Middleburg
Jim Burns is offering drawing classes at AiM on the first Tuesday of every month. These classes are for the experienced and novice. They are free and registration is required. You can register through our website or the provided link.
- Please register by the Monday before the desired class, 5:00 pm
- Beginning June 7th and every first Tuesday after
- Use this link to register: https://www.theartistsinmiddleburg.org/drawingclasswithjimburns
Visit Loudoun First Friday – Call for Demonstrating Artists
The first Friday of every month from March to December, Visit Loudoun participates in Leesburg’s First Friday! The Visit Loudoun Visitor Center, located in Market Station in Leesburg, is looking for artists to participate in their First Friday Events. We host local wineries, breweries, teas, cideries and other vendors with free tastings at the Visitor Center and we are looking to expand on the event. Whether it’s pottery or painting, this is a new way to showcase your art and your skill for one night. Bring pieces to sell and set up a demonstration to draw people in!
- The First Friday of every month, March through December
- If interested in participating or need more information – please reach out to Hannah Oliver at email@example.com
Call for Art (Consignment or Donation)
A Farm Less Ordinary (AFLO) is a 501c3 Nonprofit whose mission is to employ and provide a welcoming community for people with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities. Help them raise money with their live auction this September by submitting an artwork, 50% of sale goes to the artist and the artist sets the minimum bid. Auction held at the barn of the Murray Hill estate on 9/18/22. Our mission is to provide employment and a welcoming community to people with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Looking for artists to consign (setting reserve price artist will earn; price beyond that bid will go towards AFLO) or donate work. Details here: afarmlessordinary.org/artsubmissionform
- 🎨 Deadline for Submissions: Sunday, August 21, 2022 🎨 Committee Decisions re: Accepted Art: Friday, September 2, 2022 🎨 Artists Can Deliver Art between – Saturday, September 3 and Friday, September 16 (private home in Lovettsville; drop-off times to be coordinated with artists) 🎨 We will distribute your portion (the reserve price) of all successfully auctioned off art pieces during the week of October 3rd, 2022.
- Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Interested artists should read details about the auction and submit their artwork here: www.afarmlessordinary.org/artsubmissionform
Benefit TABOO Art show & Sale
Benefit art show & sale. Taboo themed, open to all artists. More info at www.inksanitytattoocompany.com . Note that 25% of any art sales will be donated to Vindicated Pit Bull Rescue.
- All artwork must be delivered to 26-A Plaza St. Leesburg, VA no later than 6:00pm October 8th.
- Event to be held at Inksanity Tattoo Company, Saturday October 15th from 12 noon until 7:00pm
- Interested artists can get more info at www.inksanitytattoocompany.com along with an artists waiver. You can also call us at 703-777-5377 with any questions.